Abdominal pain (or stomach ache) may be one of the symptoms of lactose.
This symptom constitutes a very frequent reason for medical consultation in both sexes and in all age groups. Bellyache can be isolated or associated with different symptoms such as fever, bowel problems (diarrhoea or constipation), nausea, vomiting and bloating.
Classification of abdominal pain
Abdominal pain is classified according to several criteria:
- the type of pain : cramps, colic, tearing or burning.
- the start mode : brutal or progressive.
- the seat: localized (hypochondrium, flank, hypogastrium,...) or generalized (over the whole abdomen) pain.
- triggering or aggravating factors : pain on an empty stomach or after eating certain types of food (food allergy or intolerance), functional colopathy or after a deep breath...
- lcalming factors : taking antispasmodic drugs, analgesic positions, the emission of intestinal gas, sometimes vomiting.
- evolution : acute, intermittent or permanent pain.
- irradiation : towards the back, towards the shoulder or without radiation.
- the intensity : Abdominal pain varies in intensity depending on the disease involved.
Abdominal pain: the causes
Abdominal pain has several causes, the most common are
- The attacks of hepatic colic or renal colic, urinary tract infections.
- The gastroenteritisThe most common conditions are gastrointestinal ulcers, peptic ulcers, appendicitis, peritonitis and acute intestinal obstruction.
- The gynaecological pain menstruation, extra uterine pregnancy...
- The irritable bowel syndromeFood intolerances or allergies.
It is also one of the causes of abdominal pain, which is mainly related to a deficit in lactase which breaks down milk carbohydrates (lactose) into simple sugars.
In the case of lactose intolerance, stomach aches are caused by hyperproduction of intestinal gas by bacteria in the colon, which causes abdominal distension (bloating), pain occurs in the form of widespread cramping and is often associated with diarrhoea, and the release of gas helps to reduce the stomach ache.
People who cannot digest milk should limit the consumption of dairy products by replacing them with lactose-free foods. Supplementation withlactase enzyme as proposed by Lactolerance is also an effective solution to facilitate and diversify the diet. Their effectiveness has been proven in clinical trials for some 30 years.
You should always think about thelactose intolerance stomach pain following the ingestion of milk or dairy products, particularly if the pain is associated with diarrhoea.
What is Lactolerance?
Lactolerance is a food supplement based on the enzyme lactase, which facilitates the digestion of lactose. No more gastrointestinal problems and diets, you can finally eat what you want without any questions asked!