Rice pudding is the ultimate childhood dessert! But there's a world of difference between industrial rice pudding, canteen rice pudding and homemade rice pudding! Here's a recipe without lactose It's quite simple to make at home and can easily be adapted to taste by adding cocoa, citrus zest, stewed fruit, etc. And it's just as delicious for people with an intolerance to lactose !
Lactose-free rice pudding recipe for 6 to 8 people.
Step 1 - Ingredients :
- 175 grams round rice
- 1 litre plant milk (rice, soya or oat)
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (or a sachet of vanilla sugar)
- 1 pinch coarse salt
Stage 2 - Preparation (about 40 min) :
- Heat the plant milk in a saucepan. Cut the vanilla pod in half lengthways. Run a small paring knife over each half to remove the seeds and add them to the milk. Add the remaining pieces of pod and heat until boiling. Add a pinch of coarse salt (this enhances the flavour😉 ).
- When the milk is boiling, reduce the heat, add the rice and stir. Leave to cook covered for 30 minutes, leaving a wooden spoon between the lid and the pan to avoid overflowing. It should be at a low boil.
- After 30 minutes, add the sugar, stir and cook covered for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer the rice to a dish or serving pots and wrap with cling film. Leave to cool to room temperature and then keep in a cool place.
Step 3 - Treat yourself! 😋
Now all you have to do is enjoy this delicious dessert with your friends or family (those who are used to the traditional recipe won't know the difference).
Hello, I'm Vincent 😄
Like you, I'm lactose intolerantI know exactly what you're going through and the difficulties you encounter on a daily basis. For more than 10 years, I've been helping our customers to use our food supplements and giving advice and tips on how to improve their digestive comfort. I'm also a keen cook and a gourmet, so in this blog you'll find my favourite recipes for a more balanced diet. lactose-free diet.
L'lactose intolerance doesn't have to be the case! With Lactolérance you can digest with complete peace of mind 😉